Guest Blogger: Jennifer M.
Sometimes life can get so busy and hectic that it feels as if there is not a spare second to sit down and get organized.
Having this mindset can be frustrating and stressful and leave you feeling helpless. While organizing can be time consuming, it will be extremely beneficial in the long run and save you a lot of time that would be spent searching for things.
We’re here to help make it easy for you to get organized and get your life back on track!
Steps to Organizing
The first step to getting organized is picking a day where you have time to set aside a few hours for this project. Choose a day where you won’t get distracted and can really focus on decluttering your life and your home.
Here are 10 tips we put together to ensure you get the most out of your organizing day and the days following:
- Write everything down in a notebook – Even though you may think you have a perfect memory, it always helps to write things down so there’s no chance of forgetting something important.
- Have a specific place you keep things – For example, you can hang up a key hook right next to your front door and get in the habit of always hanging your car and house keys there when you get home.
- Clean up regularly – Spending at least 30 minutes a day cleaning up your house will ensure there is never a huge mess left.
- Recycle or donate items you don’t use anymore – Donating clothes you haven’t worn in more than a year will create more space for you and will also help someone in need.
- Always make sure to put things away right after using them to avoid any clutter.
- Makes schedules and deadlines, and don’t procrastinate – Do you have a big project due at work soon? Don’t leave it until the last minute. Complete a small part of the project each day leading up to the due date.
- Keep only the things you need – That old purse you haven’t touched in years? Donate it!
- Check expiration dates in your kitchen and bathrooms and throw away anything that is no longer good.
- Create a sorting system for any loose papers: to do, to read and to file.
- Use a calendar to keep track of upcoming birthdays, events, meetings etc.
Clutter around the house can make you feel stressed out and as if you have less control over your life. Having a cluttered home can also be a huge energy suck from spending so much time looking for things you can’t find. Declutter your home by removing anything that doesn’t add any value to your life. By decluttering you can make more room in your home and life for the things that matter.
Quick Tidy Up Tips
Keeping a clean and tidy house leaves you feeling less stressed out and is beneficial for your physical and mental health. You should always try to clean up right after a mess is made so your house is always neat.
Here are a few pointers to help you keep a tidy house:
- Learn how to fold clothes properly and to store them in a neat fashion.
- Get rid of all unnecessary paperwork – Transferring all papers onto a digital platform will help you become more organized and to get rid of a lot of unnecessary clutter.
- Throw away or donate anything you don’t need.
Well there you have it!
Now, what are you waiting for? Get a day on the calendar to sit down and declutter and organize your home and life. It may not seem like a very fun activity, but you will be happy you took the time to do it!
ALWAYS BE IN THE KNOW
Stay tuned on how to get the best skin for your wedding next week.
If you want to be the first to know about new posts to the Current Beauty blog, join our friends list to receive an email a couple times per month with a quick link.