Guest Blogger: Jenn M.
Spring is the perfect time to really focus on your fitness and to get back on track after a long and cold winter and these sunny days are ideal for being outside and getting into shape.
We share with you everything you need to create an effective and safe workout plan to maximize your results!
Benefits of Working Out
Working out provides endless benefits and leads to a healthier life and happier you! Finding the time to workout at least 3-5 per week will greatly improve your life and day-to-day activities.
Ten benefits you’ll experience from working out include:
- Increased happiness levels – Working out causes the release of endorphins which greatly help to improve your mood!
- You will learn how to set goals – Wanting to improve your running skills? Start with the next local 5K!
- Reduce your risk of heart disease – Working out greatly improves your overall health.
- Sleeping better – Exerting extra energy during the day will help you to fall asleep faster at night.
- Increased energy levels – Those who work out experience at least a 20% energy boost.
- Higher concentration levels – Perform better at work and be more productive during your day.
- Increased self-confidence – When you look better you feel better about yourself!
- Improved strength and flexibility – Strength training, cardio, stretching and more will greatly improve how your body performs overall.
- Better memory – Exercise can help to boost the size of the part of the brain responsible for memory and learning.
- Longer lifespan – Regular exercise can increase your lifespan by up to 3 ½ years!
Types of fitness classes
Hesitant to start a consistent workout plan? There are endless types of classes and workouts and there is bound to be at least one that you like enough to stick with!
Here are just a few types of classes you can choose from:
- Spin – A mixture of heart-pumping cardio and full-body toning on a stationary bike
- Barre – Micro-movements that target the buttock, legs and core
- CrossFit – Short and intense workouts that can include a mixture of climbing ropes, sprinting, push ups and lifting weights
- Pilates – Exercise with special equipment that improves physical strength, flexibility and posture
- Yoga – A mixture of controlled breathing, meditation and specific postures to improve health and relaxation
Skin Tips While Working Out
When working out, you need to make sure to properly care for your skin. Make sure to completely remove all makeup before working out. Having makeup on while working out can lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Make sure to wear plenty of sunscreen when working out. Wearing long sleeves and pants to protect your skin from the sun while working out is also recommended when possible. Lastly, make sure to shower immediately after you finish working out to avoid any skin irritation and apply plenty of moisturizer after showering.
With all of the advanced technology in the world today, there are some pretty cool fitness gadgets that can get help you to get the most out of your workout. These devices can help track your heart rate, mileage and more!
Some of the top devices on the market today include:
- Fitbit – Wearable wrist device that tracks every part of your day, including activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep to help you get fit.
- Hexoskin Smart Tank – A smart shirt with integrated sensors that help measure, track and plan to improve your performance.
- Sony Smart-B Trainer – Bluetooth headphones that keep you motivated by making workouts fun and effective by combining your favorite music with advanced fitness tracking.
- Altra IQ by IFit – Advanced running shoes that provide live feedback on foot strike, cadence, impact rate and contact time through a smartphone app.
Well, what are you waiting for?
Time to sign up for that workout class your best friend has been begging you to join her in! There is no excuse to not be working out at least 3 times a week and your body will thank you for finally giving it the love and attention it deserves!
ALWAYS BE IN THE KNOW
Come back next week to find out which foods are best for your skin!
If you want to be the first to know about new posts to the Current Beauty blog, join our friends list to receive an email a couple times per month with a quick link.